Sunday 17 January 2016

The first of many.....

Hey all!!

So after so many messages & comments on my Instagram asking for recipes, health advice, training plans I thought it would make sense to set this blog up to share my own journey in a little more detail but also post some of my recipes and fitness programme!

A little about me first then...I will let you all get to know me more in my upcoming blogs!

This is me (or should I say WAS me):

 

I loved food! Any food... I didn't care how unhealthy it was! In fact I didn't know how unhealthy food was. I didn't exercise, I didn't consider my health in the slightest.

This is me now:


I still love food!! The only difference is I have a massive interest in health and nutrition, some serious goals and I train ALOT! My health is my biggest interest now.

So if you ever think you can't change your habits, think again.

I hope to share with you some tips on how to make some changes in your life without feeling deprived.


Since I look food so much I cook ALOT! So get ready for some mega recipes (including the macros for those who track them like myself).... As a start I want to share this one with you!

Bombay Chicken

This is from the Jamie Oliver Superfood book - with a few tweaks!



Ingredients (Serves 4):

800g Cauliflower
Stock cube
330g Total 0% Yoghurt
1  heaped tsp curry powder
1 heaped tsp turmeric
2 garlic
15ml balsamic vinegar
680g raw chicken breast

Method

1. Grate the raw cauliflower and place in a pan with the stock cube and water (just enough to cook, not too much). Cook for approx. 7mins until soft and all water soaked up.

2. Place the yoghurt, curry powder, turmeric, chopped garlic and balsamic vinegar in a blender. Blitz until a smooth paste.

3. In a large oven dish spread the marinade. Chop the chicken in to chunks and mix into the marinade. Pour in the cauliflower & combine so it is all covered.

4. Place in a pre-heated oven (200 degrees) & cook for 20 minutes.

Macros

Carbs 12.8
Protein 57.2
Fat 6.4
Calories 334


Review

This was so easy to make and has a great flavour!

I love the combination of cauliflower and chicken, it makes a change for a curry to not be full of onions, peppers etc.


Great to serve with some spinach, poppadoms and some rice if desired (although no need for the rice actually as the cauliflower bulks this up considerably).


Let me know what you think guys!xx

















No comments:

Post a Comment