Wednesday 20 January 2016

Find your inspiration...

What Inspires You?

One of the most important things in any fitness, health or weight loss journey is finding what inspires you!! Inspiration will keep you on track, act as your reminder and show you that it is possible to achieve your goals!

My inspirations have changed over time and range from people on TV, people I have met at the gym, fitness gurus on Instagram, my friends (cheesy I know!). I'm also inspired by FOOD...sounds crazy right but good food is one of the biggest reasons I stay on track! So actually I suppose recipes inspire me and that's why I love sharing my food pics / ideas with everyone else....

So here's my top 3 inspirations right now:

One of my biggest inspirations at the moment is Michelle Lewin! I came across her months ago on Instagram. She posts regular fitness videos which show how hard she works. The other day I was blown away when I saw her post this progress picture.  This goes to show that EVERYONE is on a journey and everyone has made sacrifices to get somewhere!! She is definitely keeping me on track at the moment.


I also use myself and my own results as my inspiration. there is NO shame in being inspired by your own results. I think it is important to always remember how far I have come as it reminds me that the hard work I put in does lead to results. The results may not be immediate, I get frustrated when I don't see changes straight away but this has always been the case. Seeing the change in me so far reminds me of the possibilities of the changes that may come in the future.


And finally....FOOD! My favourite thing of all. I flick through recipes every weekend to try new things, to experiment and give new foods a chance! I set up this blog to show people that being healthy doesn't need to be boring and I intend to do that. The latest food pic I shared on my Instagram (curves_with_confidence) seemed to be quite the hit, so, I wanted to share the recipe with you guys to hopefully inspire some of you!

Butternut Squash & Spinach Lasagne



Ingredients (Serves 3):

500g butternut squash (Tesco frozen)
2 Garlic cloves
20ml Balsamic Vinegar
400g Plum Tomatoes
125g Spinach
125g Lasagne Pasta Sheets
40g Parmesan cheese
200g Tesco Light Cottage Cheese
60ml Skimmed Milk

Method:

1. Roast the butternut squash until soft

2. In the meantime place the crushed garlic, plus tomatoes and balsamic vinegar in a pan and simmer for 20mins until thickened slightly

3. In an oven proof dish spread a little of the tomato sauce, add a layer on spinach then the roasted butternut squash.  Sprinkle with some parmesan cheese. Layer with some pasta sheets and repeat (excluding the butternut squash as this should all be used on the bottom layer).

4. On the final layer of pasta sheets, combine the cottage cheese and skimmed milk to loosen slightly, layer on top then sprinkle the remaining parmesan.

5. Place in the oven for 40-50mins, 200degrees until the pasta is soft.


Macros

Carbs 53.5
Fats 6.7
Protein 22.7
Calories 375


Give it a whirl & let me know if you are feeling inspired xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment