Sunday 24 January 2016

My take on The Body Coach....Chicken Chicken Chicken!!

So....I recently saw this post on Facebook which I totally agree with. I have been recommending the new Body Coach recipe book but also following that with a caveat that "you need to tweak the recipes as they are really high in fat!".




The book itself is great for ideas, really easy recipes, no fancy ingredients! HOWEVER, as someone who tracks her macros I was gobsmacked when I calculated one portion of protein porridge and realised it took up over half of my days allowance (I have 164g Carbs, 150g protein, 53g fat... I'm on decent macros here!)

So instead of me slating this and saying stay clear of the recipe book I thought I would share how I have tweaked some of the recipes to fit into my daily allowances and make them a little friendlier to my waist line!

I have gone slightly chicken crazy this week as I got an amazing deal at Best of Bury Butchers so had 5kg chicken breasts to play with!! Give some of these recipes a go & let me know what you think. I have included the macros per serving for each (obviously will be slightly different depending on brands).


Cheesy Chorizo Chicken (Serves 4)
 
 


 Ingredients:

200g spinach
155g onion
96g chorizo
98g half fat mozerella ball
195g cherry tomatoes
620g raw chicken breasts

Method:

1. Fry the onion and chorizo in the pan for a few minutes, add the chopped chicken breast and season. Cook for a further 10mins until the chicken is nearly cooked.

2. Add in the halved cherry tomatoes and cook for a further few minutes, adding in the spinach allowing it to wilt.

3. Once cook, tear the mozerella into pieces and make holes within the chicken/chorizo and add in the cheese. Remove from the heat and allow the cheese to melt.

4. Serve. Due to the reduced macros you could serve this with a side of sweet potato wedges!

Macros:

Calories 360
Fat 14.4g
Carbs 7.1g
Protein 47.6g



 
Saag Aloo with Chicken (Serves 5)
 
 
 




Page 126 in The Body Coach recipe book.

Ingredients:

775g miniature potatoes
140g spring onions
2tsp garam masala
3 garlic cloves
850g chicken breast
280g frozen spinach


Method:

1. Prick the new potatoes with a fork and add to a bowl, microwave for 2.5minutes, rest for 30seconds then microwave for an additional 3 minutes.

2. Fry the garlic and spring onions in a large pan for a few minutes, add in the garam masala. Slice the new potatoes and pour into the pan.

3. Add the chicken breast (chopped into chunks) and a splash of water to prevent the spices from burning.

4. Cook for 15 minutes until the chicken is cooked through, add the spinach and allow it to cook for a few minutes.


Macros:

Calories 324
Fat 2.6g
Carbs 27.9g
Protein 44.3g


Chicken Teriyaki (Serves 5)
 
 
 

Page 154 of The Body Coach recipe book.

I have changed this quite a lot as I wanted more vegetables in mine and I didn't have any pak choi in the house!!


Ingredients:

200g onions
3 garlic cloves
820g chicken breast
160g peppers
300g courgette
20g acacia honey
1 red chilli
4 tablespoons light soy sauce
8 teaspoons rice wine vinegar


Method:

1. Slice the onion, peppers and courgette and add to a pan, fry with the chopped garlic

2. Slice the chicken breast and add to the pan with a splash of water - cook for 15 minutes until the chicken is cooked through

3. In a bowl finely chop the red chilli, add the soy sauce, honey and rice wine vinegar and mix well.

4. Once the chicken is cooked remove from the heat and stir in the dressing.

5. Ready to serve. I had his with some Singapore rice noodles.


Macros:

Calories: 244
Fat 2g
Carbs 13g
Protein 40.2g



Enjoy! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment