Saturday 16 April 2016

Chocolate Protein Cheesecake

Last week for my birthday I had a Ferrero Roche Cheesecake so since then I have been trying to find a decent recipe to try and relive the amazing taste of the cake I had at Dearden Tea Rooms in Haslingdon (I highly recommend this place, it was absolutely amazing!! Great venue, amazing service, beautiful building and the cakes WOW WOW WOW)


So I thought why not give the LDN Chocolate Protein Cheesecake a try which is on the app!  I like it! It is definitely not the same as the cheesecake I had last week (I don't think anything will come close to that!) but it was worth making, has good macros, hits the sweet spot and there is only one thing I would change (I will come onto that in a minute).


Ingredients:
300g Cottage Cheese
30g PhD Diet Whey Chocolate Protein
1 egg
50g Oats
30g Peanut butter
cinnamon


The recipe does state chocolate pieces too for the top but I didn't include this - I don't think it necessarily needs it, however, I do wish I had added some honey to sweeten it up a little more so I would add maybe 5-10g of honey next time!


Method


1. Place all ingredients (except cinnamon) in a blender and blitz until smooth - May need a splash of water to loosen! I didn't add too much as didn't want to affect the consistency too much.


2. Pre heat oven to 170degrees


3. Once mixture is blitzed add into an oven proof dish - as shown below. Sprinkle the cinnamon on top.



4. Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes until browned and a bouncy consistency, but not wet.


5. Cool and enjoy once refrigerated


Macros:


I have assumed this is 4 servings, however, it could be 6 - 8.

Calories: 198
Fat: 8.1g
Carbs: 12.4g
Protein: 18.1g

No comments:

Post a Comment