Saturday 19 March 2016

Enjoy the food you eat..... Breakfast Ideas!

People message me all the time for recipes / food ideas as they are bored of eating plain porridge or eggs for breakfast!

So....I wanted to share some of my favourite breakfast ideas! Some of these are not your standard breakfast dishes so bear with me and give them a go! They might surprise you!!


1. Zoats!


My fave at the moment! So before I share the recipe let me tell you my reaction when I first saw this idea! I thought.... urgh!! Courgette & porridge in one dish?! WHY??? Why would you ever have courgette as a sweet dish??

But now I have tried it I am well and truly obsessed!!



Ingredients

These can vary in terms of the mix - I have been slowly increasing the courgette to bulk it out but it depends on personal taste!!

40g porridge oats
150g courgette grated
100ml Koko Coconut milk
Water - this is to get the consistency how you would like it!
25g PhD Diet Whey Protein - Belgian Chocolate

Method

Add the courgette / oats into a pan and pour in the coconut milk, simmer and slowly add the water.
The porridge should start going creamy and become quite a bulky dish
Stir in some more water and simmer for 5mins until the porridge is cooked and has the texture you want

Remove from the heat and add the protein powder, stir in and return to the heat for 1 min (you may need some more water at this point)

This is then ready to eat!!

I have tried a few variations for toppings but it is all to personal tastes!
 
The picture above is 100g strawberries and 15g nutella!!
The picture below is 80g raspberries, 15g peanut butter, 20g peanuts!



Give it a try and let me know what you think - don't hold off trying it like I did because it sounds too weird!!


2. Chorizo & Tomato Bake


So the sweet breakfast fave is above, this is my favourite savoury breakfast at the moment!





Ingredients (serves 4):

800g Tinned Chopped Tomatoes
105g Chorizo - chopped into chunks
90g Spring Onion



Method:

Slice the onion and add to a frying pan with the cubed chorizo, slowly fry for 5 minutes until the onion softens.

Pour in the chopped tomatoes, add salt and pepper and simmer for 10-15minutes so all the chorizo flavours can be mixed into the tomatoes.

This is such a quick and easy breakfast & one I definitely recommend if you fancy something a little different!

Serving suggestions:

I usually have this on 2 Dark Rye Ryvitas or on a toasted bagel, sometimes with a sprinkle of cheese!



3. The Bacon Butty!!



 
Yes!! That is a PROPER bacon butty!! and YES I do eat bread!! (how many people give up bread to get fit??... I am not one of them) If bread fits into my macros why wouldn't I have it?!

I have discovered from macro counting that brown sauce really is not that bad so I have this ALOT too! Sadly though bacon isn't so friendly to my macros so I can only have this every now and then and when I have some protein / fats spare!!

So this is as simple as it looks.... 2 slices of bread (this is the Dr Zak high protein bread but you don't need to have that! I just bought some to give it a try!)

I have 3 slices of bacon here and loads of brown sauce!

I know everyone knows how to make a decent bacon butty but the purpose of sharing this one? To show you that you really should not be depriving yourself of the things you enjoy just to get healthy or lose weight! Life is for living and I really am a fat kid in a smaller body... Food is my thing!! I refuse to not eat the things I love!!


I am going to keep sharing loads of recipes as this is what I get asked for a lot!

As I said... there is no need to eat plain boring food! mix it up and enjoy it! AND....experiment!

I have shared breakfast ideas first as I really do believe that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and we should all be getting some decent food down us at this time!

If anyone has any great breakfast ideas they want to share please let me know... I am always up for trying new things!! x










No comments:

Post a Comment