Friday 5 February 2016

Snacks....some of my faves!!

I thought it was about time I shared some of my favourite snacks!! I eat 5 times a day, 2 of which are snacks. These are usually high protein snacks as I have 170g protein per day so need quite a bit to make this up!! I have some firm faves that I turn to! These are very quick & easy to make, can all be frozen and reheated and are great as snacks or mains for any meal!

Check out the recipes below (included the macros as per my ingredients):


Cauliflower Cheese (Serves 4)

This is one of my firm favourites! I have this as a snack quite often but I also use it as a side with dinner. It is so cheesy...I absolutely love it!

 



Ingredients:

600g cauliflower
200g total 0% Greek yoghurt
360g Tesco light cottage cheese
80g mozerella grated
192g onions


Method:

1. Chop the cauliflower into florets and boil for 5 minutes until slightly softer
2. In a mixing bowl combine the diced onions, cottage cheese, Greek yoghurt and some salt and pepper.
3. Add the partly cooked cauliflower into the mix gradually stirring half the cheese in
4. Once combined pour the mixture into a large ovenproof dish and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top
5. Place in a pre-heated over, 200 degrees, for 10 minutes until golden brown


Macros (per serving):

Calories  181
Fat          4.4g
Protein   20.1g
Carbs     17.5g



Tuna & Courgette Fritters (Serves 4)

I have only recently discovered this recipe but WOW!! Not only is it lush but it is also really cheap to make! I have been having these as snacks but also as my breakfast to get some protein and carbs in post work out (makes a change to the standard porridge)



Ingredients:
 
160g drained canned tuna
160g courgette (Grated)
80g wholemeal flour
1 egg
5ml light soy sauce
2tbs coconut oil

Method:

1. Combine the tuna, courgette, flour and egg in a mixing bowl. Add salt and pepper and the soy sauce for flavour
2. Heat a frying pan and melt some coconut oil
3. Split the mixture into 4 and pour one portion into the frying pan and lightly fry on both sides (about 3-5 mins per side)
4. Once golden brown on both sides place on a cooling tray

Macros (Per serving):

Calories     182
Fat             7.9g
Carbs         14.4g
Protein       12.3g



Cheese & Corn Pancakes (Serves 3)

Ok bear with me on this one as the macros seem high (especially in carbs) but this is one of my favourite breakfast dishes!! Absolutely perfect for post work out, I usually have these for breakfast with some Heck Chicken sausages & asparagus!


Ingredients:

200g Tesco light cottage cheese
150g Wholemeal self raising flour
325g Sweetcorn (not drained)
2 Large eggs
112g Onions (Diced)
Red chilli (to taste)

Method:

1. In a mixing bowl combine the cottage cheese, sweetcorn (including the water), the flour and eggs
2. Mix in the onions and chilli to taste
3. Season well and add a splash of water until the consistency is a batter
4. Heat up the frying pan and add a little oil
5. Make 6 small pancakes, flipping and cooking for 5 minutes on either side until golden brown and cooked through

Macros (Per Serving):

Calories     394
Fat             6.9g
Carbs         57.8g
Protein       20.4g



Give them a try and let me know what you think!! As I said these are some of my absolute faves.....Enjoy xx







No comments:

Post a Comment